Kad Konsesi KTM Untuk Pelajar/KTM Concession Card For Students

KTM CONCESSION CARD

I had post entry about how to make a RapidKL Student Card. In this entry, I will share with you guys about KTM Concession Card.
2016
Back in 2016, I preferred to take KTM as my transportation, whenever I heading to KL mostly, or Subang, or when I go to TBS. Near to the end of the year 2015, KTMB has restructured the fare price of the Komuter. The price of Commuter fares has risen, for example, now it is cost about RM4 to take a Commuter from Shah Alam to KL Sentral, which is roughly 90%~100% increases.

I really need to make the KTM Concession at that time, but the price was RM35 at first. OMG, What The Fish. First they increase the fare price, now I have to pay a lot for the discount card. Hello, RM35 is material for me OK!

Luckily, during January 2016, there was promotion made by the KTMB. They reduce the price of KTM Concession Card from RM35 to RM15 (it was a long time ago and I forgot already the price.)
With the help of my friends, I managed to make the card. They had to go to KL Sentral early in the morning to register for the card, as the officer limit the registration to only 100 registrars per day.

2017

Now, KTMB has introduce 2 type of concession cards for students. You may register any of this card online. That means, no more hassle to go to the KL Sentral, early in the morning, just to register for this card. KTMB try to make the registration become easier and more convenient. Let’s take a quick review on those cards.

i-KTM i-Card Student

The major different of this card and its previous version is they no longer offer 50% discount for KTM Commuter.Only 40% discount for Intercity Train and ETS fares.


Discount
40% for Intercity Train and ETS

Validity
1-year valid from date of apply/after complete your study, which one is earlier

Processing days

14 days
Price
RM 35

Method of payment
Internet Banking (debit/credit card) or online banking (maybank2u, cimbclicks, etc.)

Other info
Bring your student card during purchasing the ticket/for inspection by the KTMB officer during the journey.





You may read the term and conditions here,and register for the card here.





ii-Komuter Link Student Card

This is the new card introduced by the KTMB. This card offer 50% discount of cash Commuter fare for ALL LANE. KTMB actually separate concession card for ETS and Commuter. This card is an essential for students who travel a lot around Klang Valley by Commuter.

Discount
50% discount of cash Commuter fare for ALL LANE
Renewal
7-17 years old
No renewal
Card not valid when the student is 17 years old
18 years old and above
Renew annually
Price
Rm35
Document to be presented during registration
Identification Card/Passport (Original and copy)
Student card
Student verification letter-must be dated not more than 3 month from date of registration or renew
Period of study must be more than 6 month ,and stated clearly in the student verification letter


You need to download the student verification letter form first and fill it.
You may register for the card here.


Whatever card that you apply, the objective is same. We want to gain as many as discount we could obtain, to save our money. In the next entry, I will compare those cards above with RapidKL card, and we will discuss the best card that you should have.


Do write your comment if there is any suggestion on topics that should we discuss.Sayonara!

25 comments:

  1. i would like to ask that is there anyone going to my message because i did send an email to ktmb but there is no reply and i went to the counter, they asked me to do it again online and pay it online . i did but there is no reply. thank you for your time reading this message

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may try screenshot your proof of payment and e-mail to the KTMB.

      Delete
  2. I had received I card student KTMB yesterday so I would like to know how to use THIS card? Do I have to bring it to the ticket counter? And do I have to present this card while passing through the token scanner?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply.

      I actually do not apply for the card. But from the information that I received, you may topup your card at the ticket vending machine. Minimum reload amount is RM10

      Delete
  3. Hi. I just received my ktmb student card recently. Can i know how to use it when booking online to get the discount price?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Sorry for the late reply.🙏
      When you try to book the ticket online, there will be section for 'add pax info'. Add the ticket type section, choose KTMB-Student Card, and key in your KTMB card number.
      If it doesn't work, try to contact KTMB.🙂

      Delete
    2. There is no "KTMB-Student Card" option in the selection. What to do?

      Delete
    3. Can I know where u collected your card

      Delete
  4. I've done register, so icard student will be sent to the home eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably yes, because you are required to give th shipping address. I would like to advice you to contact the KTMB if you don't receive the card within 2 weeks.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, currently I'm doing my internship at klcc, so everyday I travel from rawang to kl sentral, but I study at Perak. so after my internship I will regularly use ets. Which one is worth for me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zaza!
      Sorry but I cannot decide for you, but I recommend you to do cost-benefit analysis. List down all cost associated with the card, and try to compare with benefits you enjoyed from it.

      Delete
  7. how can i change my shipping address after i have submitted my registration form through online register already?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ng!
      I recommend you to call the KTMB. They might know better.

      Delete
  8. Hey,
    I just wanna know whether can we skip the online application then just bring our documents there (KL Central) to apply there itself for Komuter link student card? Do we have to apply online first?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tina,
      I am not sure about that. You may refer to the KTMB for this particular thing. But my opinion is follow the procedure as they have set it up already.

      Delete
  9. Hi faid, my ktmb i card student has not arrived yet, and i have booked a ticket tomorrow. Any idea what should i do or will there be any fine if i didn't show my ktmb i card student during the inspection?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alfath.
      I am not sure about that. Better if you call the KTMB for this issue. But do you buy the ticket at consession price and if you do, did the clerk require you to show the card for the consession price?

      Delete
    2. may i know boleh tak ? kena fine tak ? or boleh guna even the ktmb i card have not received yet

      Delete
  10. Why there is no shipping address information in the email that ktmb sent to me? Are they going to ship it to my home address or to my education address? I totally confuse

    ReplyDelete
  11. can i collect the ktm student card during the weekends?

    ReplyDelete
  12. hai according to the information given by the ktmb customer service..i have accidentally applied for ets i-card shall i cancel it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Where must i collect the Student KTM card from?

    ReplyDelete

Discount available for STUDENTS (ALSO FOR PUBLIC)!

It is 2017 and Internet plays a vital role in human life. Most of our daily transactions are slowly rely on Internet. We surf into webs for...